In today’s world, when problems arise in our lives, we are often told that the solution is either digital or chemical. “Take this pill to feel better,” or “Click this link to gain satisfaction” are often the underlying messages of the hundreds of different visual and auditory commands we receive every day. But if you want to change your life on a more basic level, then the real solution often has more to do with your own five senses than anything else.
The sense of smell, in fact, is highly underappreciated when it comes to improving one’s daily life. Smell is actually the sense most strongly linked to memory, and different scents can have powerful effects on one’s mind and body. As a store that sells aromatherapy items in Poplar Bluff, MO, we’ve heard countless affirmations of this principle from different customers. Here are five reasons why you might consider trying out aromatherapy items in Poplar Bluff, MO.
- Improve sleep: Ten percent of American adults are currently suffering from chronic insomnia, and many others have at least occasional trouble falling asleep. If taking pills to knock you out doesn’t sound very appealing to you, you might first try natural sleep aids, such as aromatherapy candles. Chamomile, lavender, vanilla and jasmine have all been proven to relax the mind and help people fall asleep, and these are all popular aromatherapy scents.
- Stimulate your mind: If you have the opposite problem of needing more sleep—that is, you find it difficult to stay awake and concentrate during the day—purchasing aromatherapy items in Poplar Bluff, MO could help with this issue as well. You might try keeping lemon, basil, or peppermint scented candles or oils in your office to help you get through the post-lunch urge to nap.
- Build romance: Whether you’re hoping to impress a new flame or want to rebuild passion in your long-term relationship, scent can play a big role in building and enhancing romance. When a special occasion comes along in your relationship, try lighting some rose, sandalwood, vanilla, patchouli or clary sage aromatherapy candles to achieve a relaxing, romantic atmosphere.
- Enhance meditation or prayer: Whether you use meditation as a way to clear your head or are a devoted follower of a particular faith, stimulating your sense of smell can help aid your spiritual quests. Frankincense oil has been used since ancient times to help create a spiritual atmosphere, and many other previously mentioned scents can also help relax one’s body and mind. Whether you’re Christian, Buddhist, Jewish, Muslim, agnostic or a part of any other faith, aromatherapy is certainly worth a try.
- Give a lovely gift: Finally, aromatherapy items make for lovely gifts for any occasion. If your friend or family member has mentioned they’ve had trouble sleeping or have recently taken up meditation, giving aromatherapy items that are suited to their situation is a wonderful way to show you care. They’ll think of you every time they light their jasmine candle or use their frankincense oil.
For all of your aromatherapy and natural gift needs, visit The Bee Hive Natural Foods.