If you’ve visited a natural food shop anytime recently, you may have noticed that organic bulk foods are currently very popular. But why should you buy organic bulk foods in Poplar Bluff, MO? It turns out there are many different benefits to buying in bulk, from economical to environmental, and there are many different situations in which purchasing organic bulk foods is clearly the best choice.
As a store that sells organic bulk foods in Poplar Bluff, MO, we’ve encountered many questions from curious customers about why the big bins are so popular, and about what buying in bulk could do for them. To help inform our customers about the benefits to buying organic bulk foods in Poplar Bluff, MO, we’ve put together this short guide. Read on to learn more about an affordable, eco-friendly solution to your grocery shopping dilemmas.
- Save money: One of the most obvious perks to buying organic bulk food is that it saves the consumer money. We know that healthy, organic food items can often be more expensive than their less natural counterparts, but this isn’t the case with bulk foods. By purchasing these foods out of a bin rather than in branded packaging, you’re cutting out the middleman and saving some serious dollars and cents. According to a recent study from Portland State University, buying bulk foods can save consumers up to 89 percent when compared to prepackaged alternatives.
- Help the environment: One of the reasons bulk food costs less is that less money is spent on packaging and marketing. That means there’s less plastic, cardboard, foil and other packaging materials used, which means organic bulk food is the obvious choice for those concerned about the environment.
- Feed a party: If you’ve got a big event coming up and you’re in charge of refreshments, one way to cut costs is to buy some of the food items in bulk. Common bulk foods like chocolate, nuts and dried fruit all make great party snacks, and you can buy organic without breaking your budget.
- Donate to charity: If you want to contribute to your local food drive or homeless shelter, you can get the most bang for your buck by purchasing organic bulk foods and then donating them to those in need. And because bulk food is usually natural and organic, you’ll be giving food to those less fortunate that is likely much more healthy, nutritious and enjoyable than what they usually have to eat.
- Control amounts: Sometimes, you need a very exact amount of a certain ingredient, especially when following a recipe or planning for an event. Don’t waste your money on a whole package of pine nuts when just a small scoop is all you need for pesto, and don’t buy dozens of packages of organic cashews when buying in bulk is easier and cheaper. Organic bulk foods put the power back in the hands of the consumer, and we hope you’ll come check out our selection at The Bee Hive Natural Foods.