Worrying about our children’s health is a natural part of being a parent. We worry they’ll fall on the playground and skin their knee. We worry someone will hurt their feelings and damage their self-esteem. We worry about them turning into emotionally and physically healthy men and women. It’s perfectly normal to want to give our children every advantage possible, including the benefits of the multivitamins that we take every day.
If you’re wondering about the relationship between children and vitamins in Poplar Bluff, MO, here is a little bit of information that may help you sort things out.
Most kids won’t need them
For the most part, if your child is growing normally and hitting all of their physical and mental benchmarks, then the odds are good that they do not require a daily vitamin supplement.
Even if your child is a picky eater, a lot of the other foods they do consume are fortified with the vitamins and minerals they need. Just keep an eye on the ingredients of their favorite foods to determine if they’re getting the essential nutrients growing bodies demand.
Which vitamins do my kids need?
Unless you have a degree in nutrition, you may not be clear as to which vitamins your kids need most:
- Vitamin A helps with normal growth and development of healthy skin, vision and immune responses.
- Vitamins B2, B3, B6 and B12 kickstart metabolism and promote the growth of healthy nervous and circulatory systems.
- Calcium makes bones strong.
- Iron builds muscle and promotes the generation of healthy blood cells.
Ideally, every child should get these vitamins and minerals as a result of a healthy diet, which includes plenty of dairy products, fresh fruits, leafy vegetables, chicken, fish, eggs and whole grains. Sometimes, however, that’s not possible.
When should I give my children multivitamins?
At what age should kids take vitamins? It really depends. Every parent hopes their child won’t require extra help to grow into healthy humans, but sometimes there’s no alternative. Here are some common examples of when you might need to give your kid a multivitamin:
- Severe food allergies: If your child has serious allergies, those same allergies could be preventing them from attaining critical nutrients through diet alone.
- Chronic disease: Several lifelong diseases thrive by sapping the body of valuable vitamins and minerals.
- Restrictive diet: This goes beyond being a “picky eater.” If your child is surviving on a vegan diet, for example, they will require supplements to make up for the nutrients they aren’t getting.
There’s nothing harmful in considering children and vitamins in Poplar Bluff, MO, no matter where you land. That said, to sort out the most impactful vitamin regimen, it’s best to enlist the help of a qualified expert. That’s where we come in.
Your supplement solution
When you need answers about children and vitamins in Poplar Bluff, MO, there’s no better place to visit than The Bee Hive Natural Foods, where our informed staff is ready and waiting to guide your entire family to a healthier, happier life.
We’re the area’s most reliable provider of multivitamins, all-natural cosmetics, all-natural food, gluten-free foods, health books and so much more. Stop by The Bee Hive Natural Foods today. We can’t wait to see you!