When was the last time you ventured into the bulk section at your local grocery store? Many shoppers are intimidated by those bins stocked with grains, dried beans, granola, nuts and other food items. While the food might look tempting, many people think that having to deal with bagging, weighing, labeling and securing bulk items isn’t worth their valuable time, and often it’s just not as familiar and simple as grabbing the same item from the shelf in prepackaged form.
However, as any regular bulk buyers now, the bulk aisle is a hidden gem. At The Bee Hive Natural Foods, we’re excited about our bulk health food options, and we’re always eager to help our customers discover the many benefits to buying bulk health foods in Poplar Bluff, MO. These benefits include:
- Variety: From coffee, tea and dried beans to spices, grains, pasta and more, the sheer variety of what’s available in bulk is a benefit all on its own. Factor in the different types of each food, and it’s true that some bulk sections can be a little overwhelming. But give yourself a little time to explore, and the variety will become something to embrace.
- Freshness: If you’re at all concerned about whether the ingredients you’re using are fresh, one of the great things about bulk health foods is that the bins are refilled on a regular basis, meaning you’re getting the freshest foods available.
- Cost savings: What could be cheaper than a can of beans? A pound of dried beans, which will also go much, much further! For the budget-conscious, buying in bulk is a great way to save money.
- Reduces waste: In addition to being good for your pocketbook, buying in bulk helps the planet. By reusing plastic bags—or better yet, filling your sturdy storage containers—you’re cutting down on the amount of waste that winds up in landfills.
- Encourages experimentation: Once you’ve decided that the variety in the bulk section is your friend, it’s a short step toward treating the whole area as your playground. Having the freedom to get just a small amount of a new or unusual food item allows you to experiment with trying new things without having to commit to buying much larger quantities. Particularly with spices, which can sometimes be surprisingly expensive, you’ll be able to get just a pinch rather than a whole bottle.
- Saves trips to the store: If there’s something you know you like, and you know it’s something you’ll eat pretty regularly, buying in bulk can help save you from having to make constant trips to the store to stock up. Just as the bulk section is ideal for getting small quantities, it’s great for large quantities, too.
In the end, buying bulk health foods in Poplar Bluff, MO is a great choice for your wallet, your health and the environment. Come visit The Bee Hive Natural Foods and check out our bulk selection. You’re sure to be able to stock up on staples and discover some new foods to enjoy with your family.