No one enjoys catching a cold or flu, but aromatherapy items in Poplar Bluff, MO can make your recovery more bearable. Just as there are essential oils for sleep or energy, there are also ones that will help you get through a bad cold. Here are nine oils that prove helpful to cold and flu sufferers:
- Oregano: This is not just for your spaghetti! The herb and its essential oil works as an antiviral and antibacterial for when you are feeling the most miserable. If your immune system would love that extra boost, diffuse this oil through your home as you recover.
- Eucalyptus: The distinct smell of eucalyptus will likely remind you of childhood remedies and cough drops. That is because this organic matter is a proven treatment for miserable colds and flu. If you diffuse it directly with carrier oil, you will likely enjoy its benefits even more.
- Frankincense: This is not just a gift for kings. It can also help the most common among us suppress a cough. If those sidesplitting, lung-flailing coughs do not give up, diffuse frankincense for noticeable relief.
- Peppermint: The smell of peppermint just feels good on the nose when your nasal passages are raw from feeling like a human faucet. It also offers additional benefits. If you are the type who also suffers digestive upset with your colds and flu, peppermint will help settle your stomach as well.
- Thyme: Another favorite herb for cooking, thyme will also help your nasal passages and dry skin with its antiseptic properties. Rather than continue to be rubbed raw with box after box of tissue, allow this to dissipate through your home to help you feel better.
- Lime: Lime is a super oil for the cold and flu sufferer who has forgotten what it is like to feel well. It is an antiseptic, antibacterial and antiviral element that will go to work to support your immune system in a united front against your cold.
- Hyssop: If you are home with a bad sinus infection and a pile of antibiotics, let hyssop help you out. Its properties are helpful for miserable respiratory infections that leave people feeling like each deep breath is an exercise in misery and pain. Hyssop is also soothing, so if you need to sleep during the day or night, let it help you relax as well.
- Clove: Yet another super oil that all cold viruses fear, clove offers anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antibacterial properties. Great for those flu viruses that also make every joint in your body ache, breathe this deeply and feel better soon.
- Ginger: While often associated with spicy Chinese food, ginger is also a digestion aid. Its strong flavor is immediately followed with a settled stomach, making this oil another option for those who get nauseated when they have colds or flu.
The Bee Hive Natural Foods offers aromatherapy items in Poplar Bluff, MO to assist in your homeopathic care. Visit us today to see our selection and progress more quickly on the road to recovery.