Food is a big part of our lives. Most of us eat at least three meals a day, while others tend to snack their way through the day. But no matter when you eat, and regardless of what diet you follow, organic foods are the best choice to ensure your and your family’s health. Organically grown foods are more nutritious, free of nasty chemicals and taste like real whole foods should.
Here are five of the top reasons to either switch to or try to eat more organic foods in Poplar Bluff, MO:
- Avoid chemicals and GMO foods: Much of today’s commercially grown foods are laden with all sorts of chemicals, including pesticides and residues from other chemicals meant for protecting crops against pests. Genetically modified organisms (GMOs) are also found in some commercial foods; these foods are genetically modified in some way. To avoid ingesting nasty, essentially poisonous chemicals and GMOs (labeling of GMO foods is not required in the U.S.), eat only organically grown fruits, vegetables and other crops, as well as naturally raised or organic animal products.
- Avoid harmful substances in animal products: There’s a host of harmful substances in today’s commercially grown foods—including hormones, antibiotics, pesticides and other drugs—most of which can be found in conventional meat and dairy products. Unless you opt to go organic, these harmful substances are hard to avoid. For example, grass and grains sprayed with pesticides are fed to chickens that have already been injected with hormones and antibiotics. Not only is the chicken meat contaminated, but so are the eggs they lay.
- Enjoy the taste of pure food: Hands down, organically grown foods and organic fed meats taste better, as do organic animal products like eggs and dairy. The flavor is pure, because no chemicals or harmful substances are present. The focus when growing organic produce is taste over appearance, As such, the farmers pamper the soil with nutrients, and pesticides are not used. Organic soil produces healthy, strong plants, which in turn yield healthy, delicious foods.
- Get more nutrients: Because organic soil is full of nutrients, the foods produced are also nutritious. It’s important for your body to receive the recommended daily amounts of vitamins like vitamin C and minerals like magnesium. Organically grown foods offer more vitamins, minerals, micronutrients and enzymes than commercially grown foods. This all goes back to the way the soil is managed.
- Support local farmers: When you buy organic foods from a farmers market or a grocery store that stocks organic products, you are supporting your local farmers. Sure, all food needs to be picked and bundled before it’s sold to you, but small organic farmers work extra hard to make sure you are putting fresh, healthy and nutritious foods on your dinner table.
At The Bee Hive Natural Foods, we know that our customers want to eat healthy. That is why we offer a big selection of fresh locally and organically grown fruits and vegetables and other organic foods in Poplar Bluff, MO every day of the week. Come on in and check out our organic foods today!