Heart disease is one of the most common causes of death in North America. There are a number of factors, including genetics, diet and lifestyle, that can adversely impact heart health. If you’re predisposed to heart disease, it’s exceptionally important that you maintain a healthy diet and regularly exercise to help keep your heart in prime working condition.
Everyone knows that eating fatty foods, smoking tobacco and consuming alcohol are dangerous for heart health. However, few people know what steps they can take to minimize potential heart health risks.
In addition to exercise and a heart-healthy diet, there are several supplements available that can promote heart health and help you stave off the development of heart disease. Here are just some of the beneficial heart-healthy supplements in Poplar Bluff, MO that you can find at your local health food store:
- Psyllium husk: Fiber is exceptionally important for maintaining heart health. If you’re concerned that you’re not getting enough fiber in your diet, consider taking psyllium supplements. These provide you with a lot of fiber and can help lower cholesterol. Be sure to stay hydrated while taking fiber supplements.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: Healthy fats and acids are essential to maintaining heart health. Omega-3s are among the most essential fatty acids that you need to keep your heart in great condition. While fish oil is the most well-known source of Omega-3s, vegan sources, like flax seeds, are also available.
- Magnesium: Low magnesium levels are usually associated with high blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Magnesium supplements are usually combined with other minerals to maximize their efficacy. If you suffer from kidney problems, however, you should consult with your doctor before taking a magnesium supplement.
- Green tea: Used for centuries to cure a wide range of ailments, green tea is known to reduce cholesterol levels. Green tea also has antioxidant properties. While the best way to consume green tea is by drinking three cups daily, it’s also possible to take green tea as a supplement.
- Garlic: Known to treat high blood pressure and coronary disease, garlic supplements are also thought to reduce the likelihood of blood clotting. Taken orally, garlic supplements are a powerful tool that can help you stave off potential heart problems. Be sure to tell your doctor about your supplement consumption before undergoing a surgical operation.
- CoQ10: Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is a substance found in every cell in your body. While your body produces it naturally, and it’s found in many food sources, taking a supplement may help you improve your energy levels, protect heart health and boost exercise recovery times.
The Bee Hive Natural Foods is a trusted health food store and provider of supplements in Poplar Bluff, MO. If you’re looking for a trusted partner to assist you with maintaining your heart health, reach out to one of our knowledgeable and friendly representatives. We’re more than happy to help you identify supplements and dietary solutions that meet your health needs and are in line with your dietary restrictions. We have a wide range of products capable of meeting virtually any diet, including gluten-free, vegan, keto and paleo diets. Come see us today!