We’re all looking for ways to stay healthier, and many people have yet to learn what BCAAs are in Poplar Bluff, MO. BCAAs are essential amino acids, but your body doesn’t produce them itself—you have to get them from external sources.
What are BCAAs?
BCAA is an acronym for “branched chain amino acids.” Your body contains 20 different amino acids, but can only make 11 of them by itself, which requires you to get the rest from food or supplements.
In fact, BCAAs comprise about 35 percent of your body’s muscle protein, and might help preserve the fuel that your muscles need when you work out, which allows you to work out longer and build more muscle strength.
BCAAs are found in protein-rich foods like dairy, meat and eggs. You can also get them from whey and soy protein. Beef and chicken offer the highest amounts of BCAAs, but even Greek yogurt offers a good source of BCAAs.
How can BCAAs help you?
There are several scientifically-proven benefits of BCAAs in Poplar Bluff, MO:
- Helps those with liver disease: If you’re dealing with cirrhosis, BCAAs can help prevent mitigate the signs and symptoms of the disease. It’s not a cure, but they help prevent liver cancer and other cirrhosis complications.
- Mitigates muscle wasting: For those with chronic and serious diseases like cancer, or those suffering from malnutrition, muscle wasting occurs when your body isn’t getting and processing the proteins it needs to keep breaking down and building muscles. Taking a doctor-recommended dose can help your body get the nutrients it needs to halt muscle waste.
- Keeps you exercising longer: Exercise leads to exhaustion and fatigue as your BCAA levels decrease and the amount of tryptophan (the chemical in turkey that makes you sleepy) increase. Since your muscles use BCAAs as fuel, taking this supplement can help maintain your energy and fight fatigue—just don’t overdo it.
- Combats muscle soreness: Speaking of overdoing it, we’ve all started an exercise program, gotten a little too eager and suffered for it the next day. Delayed onset muscle soreness can last two or three days, and is suspected to result from tiny tears in your muscles. BCAAs decrease the chemical in your body that leads to muscle damage, and stops your body from breaking down proteins during the exercise.
- Helps build muscles: In addition to making exercise a lot less unpleasant, BCAAs also increase your muscle protein synthesis, which is the scientific way of describing the process in which your muscles grow. To maximize this effect, make sure you’re getting all the necessary protein you need—not just BCAAs.
Discover the benefits of BCAAs in Poplar Bluff, MO
The Bee Hive Natural Foods strives to provide the best organic and natural health food products, supplements and cosmetics around. We only stock items that are unprocessed and free of harmful chemicals or preservatives, making it easier than ever for you to live a healthy lifestyle. Call or stop by today to try BCAAs for yourself.