Unless you’ve been living off the grid for the last few years, you’ve almost certainly heard about CBD products. This non-psychoactive derivative of the cannabis plant is often used for anxiety, insomnia, chronic pain and more. Below we’ll take a look at some of the benefits of CBD products in Poplar Bluff, MO.
CBD at a glance
CBD is the shortened name for cannabidiol. Unlike THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), CBD doesn’t give you a “high” feeling or the munchies. Any type of cannabis that contains less than 0.3 percent THC is considered hemp, which is why CBD products have been able to be sold despite federal cannabis laws.
The scientific jury’s still out on CBD—there’s plenty of promising research, but most scientists say we need more data. For example, while it’s been long established that THC can increase anxiety, we need to learn more about whether CBD can and does reduce it. It may also help with PTSD and recovering from addiction.
Still, millions of Americans swear by CBD. Even though there are no definitive findings yet, you can try some for yourself.
Benefits of CBD products in Poplar Bluff, MO
Wondering whether CBD might help with an issue you’re experiencing? Check out these potential uses:
- Sleep and depression: While there hasn’t yet been a placebo-controlled, randomized and double-blind study on CBD and sleep disorders, there have been promising new studies showing that CBD can indeed help you get to sleep faster. It may also help patients with managing their depression.
- Anxiety and PTSD: If you have social anxiety or PTSD, studies have show that CBD can help. CBD assists with the cognitive impairment and nervousness that comes along with social anxiety (which can accompany anything from public speaking to hanging out with friends). It’s also being studied as a way to break the trauma and fear response that accompanies PTSD. With any luck, there will soon be conclusive data on whether that’s a viable form of treatment.
- Pain relief: Some people swear by CBD for pain relief, and there’s some science to back it up. CBD can affect the body’s neurotransmitters, reducing inflammation and pain response. It makes sense—marijuana has been used for pain relief for millennia. This simply provides pain relief without psychoactive effects.
- Acne: Speaking of anti-inflammatory properties, CBD might be able to help tame your breakouts. It can help keep your sebum production under control, and keeps inflammation down.
- Heart health: CBD may be able to help lower blood pressure, which is good for your cardiovascular health. Scientists suspect that this could be linked to its anti-anxiety properties.
- Substance abuse recovery: CBD has been shown to “rewire” the brain when it comes to addiction, at least in rats. This may be helpful in the future for human patients. Some people are already using CBD to try to aid their substance abuse issues.
Although we’re still waiting for more information from researchers, CBD looks like a promising treatment for a number of different conditions. If you’d like to try your own CBD products in Poplar Bluff, MO, visit The Bee Hive Natural Foods today.