You don’t necessarily have to be into health and fitness to be familiar with superfoods. The question is, what are superfoods or, more importantly, what does a superfood do for me and my health goals?
It is worth noting that there is no official "superfoods" designation from a source like the FDA, although nobody argues the concept or attribution of the superfoods label. Also, no specific set of criteria establishes what foods qualify.
Photo by Gemma Evans on Unsplash
So, why do I need superfoods, or what makes superfoods, superfoods? This is where the clarity of superfoods also begins to come into focus. The basic premise of what qualifies is that the food is natural, nutrient-dense, and low in caloric content.
A Superfoods Snapshot
Here is a quick look at some of the most popular superfoods and the benefits associated with them:
- Avocados – reduces the risk of heart attacks, heart health
- Berries – reduces the risk of heart attacks, heart health
- Beets – inflammatory properties and antioxidants
- Cinnamon – reduces inflammation, blood sugar levels, and cholesterol
- Dark Leafy Greens – cancer prevention, vitamins A, C, and E
- Garlic – strengthens immunity, has anti-inflammatory properties, and improves cardiovascular health
- Ginger – pain relief and blood sugar regulation
- Green Tea – cancer prevention, lowers blood pressure, reduces the risk of heart attacks
- Pumpkin – anti-aging properties, antioxidants, fights heart disease
- Salmon – heart disease prevention
- Yogurt – gut health benefits and cancer prevention
These are a few of the most popular superfoods used and sought-after today. Regardless of where you are on the health and fitness spectrum, superfoods have benefits for everyone, which may be another reason they are deemed superfoods.
Nutrition for Your Life and Your Health
Welcome to Bee Hive Natural Foods, your home for all-natural and healthier options. Our goal is to educate our customers, empowering them with the information they need and the opportunity to choose a healthier lifestyle.
We know that we can change everyone’s lives for the better by recommending the best healthy foods and products every day we come to work. We are a haven for local health enthusiasts and a reliable resource for anyone looking for more healthy options.
Bee Hive Natural Foods offers a complete selection of natural and organic foods and products, homeopathic supplies, and much more. We carry gluten-free and lactose-free products, organic produce, meats, and dairy products as well as soy products and wine-making supplies. Contact us to learn more or to place your order today