You’ve probably heard time and again that you need to fill your diet with the proper nutrients. But what are the most essential vitamins in Poplar Bluff, MO? Which foods should you eat to get these powerhouses to fuel your body with the health and energy it needs?
Use the following go-to list of essential vitamins in Poplar Bluff, MO as a guide. Getting healthy doses of these vitamins and minerals each day will help you feel your best:
- Vitamin A: This vitamin is associated with good eyesight and is an aid in fighting chronic illnesses. To get rich quantities of vitamin A, add carrots and other orange vegetables to your diet. Meat, especially liver, is also high in vitamin A.
- Vitamin B-12: This vitamin plays a crucial role in converting food to energy, making it one of the most essential vitamins in Poplar Bluff, MO. You can find this vitamin in pill form or in a liquid supplement. Foods from animals are also rich in vitamin B-12.
- Vitamin C: Your immune system needs healthy doses of vitamin C to function properly. It is also an antioxidant, which neutralizes free radicals. Vitamin C can be found in orange juice, grapefruit, cherries and kale.
- Calcium: Your body needs calcium for healthy bones and teeth. Milk and other dairy products are good sources of this essential mineral.
- Vitamin D: The human body generates this vitamin when the skin is exposed to sunlight. The vitamin helps in colon and bone health. If you don’t spend much time outdoors, be sure to fill your diet with egg yolks, fatty fish or broccoli, which are rich sources of vitamin D.
- Iron: The body needs appropriate levels of iron in the blood to remain healthy. Deficiency in iron can cause autoimmune disorders. Liver, spinach and beans are good sources of iron.
- Magnesium: Magnesium aids in the absorption of other essential vitamins in Poplar Bluff, MO, such as calcium. It is crucial for good muscle health. Natural sources of magnesium include almonds, beans and leafy greens.
- Omega-3: This fatty acid promotes healthy brain and heart function and improves mood. You can find it in fish and fish oil.
- Potassium: This electrolyte helps keep your body hydrated. It also plays an important role in healthy blood pressure. To get plenty of potassium, eat foods such as bananas and other fruits and vegetables.
- Ubiquinol: Also known as Co-Q10, this co-enzyme can promote heart health and perform as an antioxidant. To add more ubiquinol to your diet, consume liver, beef, shellfish and peanuts.
Would you like to discover more about the most essential vitamins in Poplar Bluff, MO? Contact the team at The Bee Hive Natural Foods. Our goal is to empower people with the information they need to choose a healthier lifestyle. We can recommend the best healthy foods and products to help you look and feel your best. Our offerings include a complete selection of natural and organic foods and products, homeopathic supplies and more. Stop in today or reach out to us with any questions.